Terms & Conditions of Use
Welcome to the website operated by Wynn Oils SA (Pty) Ltd. (“Wynns”). This Website (the “Wynns Website” or the “Website”) provides general information about Wynns, and its products, free of charge to users in both South Africa and Africa.
USE OF THE WYNNS WEBSITE
You agree to use the Wynns Website only for lawful purposes:
- Specifically you agree not to do any of the following: (1) upload to or transmit on the Wynns Website any defamatory, indecent, obscene, harassing, violent or otherwise objectionable material, or any material that is, or may be, protected by copyright, without permission from the copyright owner; (2) use the Wynns Website to violate the legal rights (including the rights of publicity and privacy) of others or to violate the laws of any jurisdiction; (3) intercept or attempt to intercept electronic mail not intended for you; (4) misrepresent an affiliation with any person or organization; (5) upload to or transmit on the Wynns Website any advertisements or solicitations of business; (6) restrict or inhibit use of the Wynns Website by others; (7) upload or otherwise transmit files that contain a virus or corrupted data; (8) collect information about others (including e-mail addresses) without their consent; (9) download a file or software or include in a message any software, files or links that you know, or have reason to believe, cannot be distributed legally over the Wynns Website or that you have a contractual obligation to keep confidential (notwithstanding its availability on the Wynns Website); (10) post “spam,” transmit chain letters or engage in other similar activities; or (11) engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Wynns Website, or which, as determined by Wynns, may harm Wynns or users of the Wynns Website or expose them to liability.
- Any content and/or opinions uploaded, expressed or submitted to a message board, chatroom or any other publicly available section of the Wynns Website (including password-protected areas), and all articles and responses to questions, other than the content provided by Wynns, are solely the opinions and responsibility of the person or entity submitting them and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Wynns. You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for whatever content you submit, and you, not Wynns, have full responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability and appropriateness. By uploading or otherwise transmitting material to any area of the Wynns Website, you warrant that the material is your own or is in the public domain or otherwise free of proprietary or other restrictions and that you have the right to post it to the Wynns Website. You grant to Wynns the right to use all content you upload or otherwise transmit to the Wynns Website in any manner Wynns chooses, including, but not limited, to copying, displaying, performing or publishing it in any format whatsoever, modifying it, incorporating it into other material or making a derivative work based on it.
- Wynns reserves the right, but does not assume any responsibility, to (1) remove any material posted on the Wynns Website which Wynns, in its sole discretion, deems inconsistent with the foregoing commitments, including any material Wynns has been notified, or has reason to believe, constitutes a copyright infringement; and (2) terminate any user’s access to all or part of the Wynns Website. However, Wynns can neither review all material before it is posted on the Wynns Website nor ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, Wynns assumes no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications or content provided by third parties. Wynns reserves the right to take any action it deems necessary to protect the personal safety of users of this Website and the public; however, Wynns has no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this paragraph.
- Your failure to comply with the provisions of (a) or (b) above may result in the termination of your access to the Wynns Website and may expose you to civil and/or criminal liability.
COPYRIGHT RESTRICTIONS/USE OF CONTENT
The entire contents of this Website (including all information, software, text, displays, images and audio) and the design, selection and arrangement thereof, are proprietary to Wynns or its licensors and are protected by United States and international laws regarding copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets and other proprietary rights. You are authorized only to use the content on the Wynns Website for personal use or legitimate business purposes related to your role as a current or prospective customer, supplier or distributor of Wynns. You may not copy, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display or perform, republish, store, transmit or distribute any of the material on this Website without the prior written consent of Wynns, except to: (a) store copies of such materials temporarily in RAM, (b) store files that are automatically cached by your web browser for display enhancement purposes, and (c) print a reasonable number of pages of the Wynns Website; provided in each case that you do not alter or remove any copyright or other proprietary notices included in such materials. Neither the title nor any intellectual property rights to any information or material in this Website are transferred to you, but remain with Wynns or the applicable owner of such content. Except as expressly authorized by Wynns in writing, you may not reproduce, sell or exploit for any commercial purposes (i) any part of this Website, (ii) access to this Website, or (iii) use of this Website or of any services or materials available through this Website.
The term “Wynns” is a trademark and the Wynns logo and all related product and service names, designs and slogans are Wynns trademarks. You may not use such marks without Wynns’s prior written permission. All other names, brands and marks are used for identification purposes only and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
DEALINGS WITH MERCHANTS
If you choose to correspond, participate in a promotion or engage in transactions with any merchant found on or through this Website, you acknowledge and agree that Wynns is not a party to, and will not be responsible for, your interaction with such merchant, including its treatment of your information and the terms and conditions applicable to any transaction between you and the merchant. The terms of your interaction with any merchant are solely between you and such merchant. You agree that Wynns will have no responsibility or liability for any loss or damage of any kind that you may suffer as the result of any such interaction or the presence of such merchants on this Website.
LIABILITY OF WYNNS AND ITS LICENSORS
WYNNS does not assume any liability for the materials, information and opinions provided on, or available through, the Wynns Website (the “Site Content”). Reliance on the Site Content is solely at your own risk. WYNNS disclaims any liability for injury or damages resulting from the use of any Site Content.
THE WYNNS WEBSITE, THE SITE CONTENT AND THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITH ALL FAULTS. NEITHER WYNNS NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH WYNNS MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WYNNS WEBSITE. SPECIFICALLY, BUT WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER WYNNS NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH WYNNS WARRANTS OR REPRESENTS THAT THE WYNNS WEBSITE, THE SITE CONTENT OR THE SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THIS WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED; THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED; THAT THE WYNNS WEBSITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; OR THAT THE WYNNS WEBSITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS. WYNNS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT WILL WYNNS OR ITS LICENSORS OR CONTRACTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WYNNS WEBSITE, THE SITE CONTENT, ANY SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THIS WEBSITE OR ANY LINKED SITE, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, LOST PROFITS OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM DELAY, INTERRUPTION IN SERVICE, VIRUSES, DELETION OF FILES OR ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS, OR ERRORS, OMISSIONS OR OTHER INACCURACIES IN THE WYNNS WEBSITE OR THE SITE CONTENT, WHETHER OR NOT THERE IS NEGLIGENCE BY WYNNS AND WHETHER OR NOT WYNNS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH DAMAGES.
SUBMISSION OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION TO WYNNS; PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
COMMENTS AND SUBMISSIONS
Wynns welcomes your comments. All comments, suggestions or other information sent by you to this Website will become Wynns’s property, and you agree that all intellectual property rights therein are transferred to Wynns. You understand that any postings to publicly available portions of the Wynns Website are non-confidential for all purposes.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
The Wynns Website may contain links to other websites on the Internet. Wynns is not responsible for and does not endorse the content, products or services of any third-party Websites, including, without limitation, sites framed within the Wynns Website or third-party advertisements, and Wynns does not make any representations regarding their quality, content or accuracy. Your use of third-party websites is at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
The owner of this Website is based in the Republic of South Africa. Wynns makes no representation that materials in this Website are appropriate or available for use in other locations. If you access this Website from other locations, you are responsible for complying with local laws
1. Information Wynns collects from you and how they use it
ACTIVE INFORMATION COLLECTION
Like many other web sites, we actively collect information from our visitors both by asking specific questions on this Website and by permitting you to communicate directly with us via e-mail. Some of the information that you submit may be personally identifiable (that is, information that can be uniquely identified with you, such as your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, etc.). When you visit the Web Site, we will not collect any personally identifiable information about you unless you provide it to us voluntarily. Wynns uses this information for the purposes for which you provide it. For example, if you provide your resume to Wynns for purposes of obtaining employment, the resume will be used for activities related to your potential employment.
PASSIVE INFORMATION COLLECTION
Some of the information we collect depends on the settings on your web browser. Please check your web browser if you want to learn what information your browser sends or how to change your settings. In addition to the information sent by your web browser, as you navigate through a web site, certain information can be passively collected (that is, gathered without you actively providing the information) using various technologies and means, such as navigational data collection.
Like most web site operators, we track IP addresses, use session, persistent, and flash cookies or any other successor tracker technology, and assign Internet tags. Our system also automatically gathers information about the areas you visit on this Website and collects operational information about the technology you use, such as your browser, type of computer, operating systems, Internet service providers, and the domain name of the web site from which you linked to this Website.
We reserve the right to use electronic images known as web beacons, also referred to as single-pixel gifs, and any other successor technology, that permit us to count users who have visited certain Website pages and for other related statistics (e.g., recording the popularity of certain Website content and verifying system and server integrity). Web beacons are not used to access your personal information on this Website; they are solely used to compile aggregated statistics concerning the use of this Website. Web beacons collect only a limited set of information including a cookie number, the time and date of a page view and a description of the page on which the web beacon resides.
We passively collect information to understand what areas of this Website are most popular, which areas may require improvement and what technologies are being used by our visitors. This information helps us to update and improve this Website. We also use this information for security purposes, to detect and to block security breaches and to provide you with a safe online environment.
LIMITATIONS ON THE COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
To the extent required by applicable law, whenever Wynns collects personal information on the Wynns Website, Wynns will:
- provide timely and appropriate notice to you about its data practices;
- collect, use, disclose and transfer your personal information only with your consent, which may be express or implied, depending on the sensitivity of the personal information, legal requirements, and other factors;
- collect your personal information only for specific, limited purposes. The information we collect will be relevant, adequate and not excessive for the purposes for which it is collected;
- process your personal information in a manner consistent with the purposes for which it was originally collected or to which you have subsequently consented; • take commercially reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and, where necessary, kept up-to-date; • not use your personal information for direct marketing purposes without giving you an opportunity to “opt-out”; and
- take appropriate measures, by contract or otherwise, to provide adequate protection for personal information that is disclosed to a third party or transferred to another country, including transfers within Wynns.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Wynns retains the personal information collected on the Website as long as necessary to provide the services, products and information you request or as permitted by applicable law.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose personally identifiable information you provide via this Website to third parties, but only:
- to contractors who support our business, in which case we will require such third parties to agree to use the information for the same purposes;
- to respond to law enforcement requests, where required by applicable laws, court order or governmental regulations;
- in situations involving threats of physical safety of any person.
We do not otherwise distribute to third parties your personally identifiable information. However, we will have no liability for disclosure of information obtained due to errors in transmission or the unauthorized intervention of third parties.
We may provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, online traffic patterns, and related information to reputable third parties, but these statistics will not include any personally identifying information.
2. Choices you have about how Wynns uses your information
We strive to provide you with as many choices and as much control as possible regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
If you do not want any information collected, then you should choose not to use the Wynns Website.
3. How Wynns protects your information
We work hard to protect your personal information. Wynns will not sell personal information collected from its Website to mailing list brokers without your express consent. All information is stored within a secured database that is not accessible to the outside world. Resumes are stored on file systems that are not publicly accessible. All Wynns servers are protected behind both hardware and software firewalls. Low-level access to all information is restricted to authorized support personnel only.
The safety and security of your information also depend on you. Never share your password with anyone else, notify us promptly if you believe your password security has been breached, and remember to log off of this Website before you leave your computer.
4. What Wynns does about children visiting this website
This Website is not intended for children under the age of 13. We will not knowingly collect information from Website visitors in this age group. We encourage parents to talk to their children about their use of the Internet and the information they disclose online. If your child has submitted personal information and you would like to request that such information be deleted from our records, you may do so by using the feedback mechanisms provided at a particular Wynns web site, by clicking on the feedback link or by writing us at the address set forth in Section 5 below.
5. How you can contact Wynns
Wynns Oil SA (Pty) Ltd.
22 Mopedi Road
+27 11 609 3708
6. Changes in the policy